Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

S1 E1: Pilot

Score: 3 / 3

Fittingly the first Bechdel-passing convo is the first time we meet Ann:

Ann: “Hi. Hi- hi-hi-hi. I’m Ann Perkins and I’m a nurse and frankly I don’t really care for politics.
(applause)
Ann: Uh – I’m here to talk about the abandoned lot on Sullivan Street.
Leslie: Excellent, that sounds like a good idea, tell us about that.
Ann: No, it’s a problem, it almost killed my boyfriend.
Leslie: Oh!
Ann: There’s a lot near my house and a developer dug out a basement for some condos and then they went bankrupt so there’s just this giant pit and it’s been there for almost a year.

Leslie: Twelve months. Yes, go on.

More:
  • Leslie and Ann talk about the potential for a park
  • Ann assesses Leslie’s injuries
  • Leslie takes Ann around town hall and describes murals
  • Leslie and Ann speak to the unseen documentarian about America and democracy

No comments:

Post a Comment